Monday, July 5, 2010

A Cure for Optimism

The sun is shining, summer lies before us, and things are good, yes? Well, if you are suffering from too much optimism and high spirits, I have a cure for you.

Go see this article in the Daily Telegraph (U.K.) by Ambrose Evans-Pritchard. He is International Business Editor for the Telegraph in London.

Evans-Pritchard thinks the world is essentially coming to an end, relatively soon. I believe Evans-Pritchard is predicting another 1930s style world-wide depression. He may even be anticipating deflation, every economist's nightmare.

So, if you are experiencing excessive happiness, give his article a read. He'll scare the stuffing out of you.

Here is another article that takes somewhat the same view, from CNBC. It cites a fellow with the unlikely name of Daryl Guppy.

Are these fellows correct? I wish I could tell you I'm sure they're wrong. Hat tip to Matt Drudge for the links.