Monday, July 15, 2013

Travel Blogging

The DrsC are in Meeker, Colorado, a tiny town in a sparsely populalted part of the state, here for my cousin Bill's birthday party which was Saturday. Must have been nearly 100 people there, from toddlers to the nearly elderly.

We're staying in the Blue Spruce motel which does breakfast with your room. They have a piece of technology I've never seen before - a pancake machine.

It resembles a tortilla maker and makes good hotcakes. You push a button and in less than a minutes it rolls out a short stack - 2 pancakes, one at a time. I've seen many waffle machines, much less automatic than this, but this is my first pancake machine.

Another unique-to-me technology at this out-of-the-way motel is card door keys which do not get inserted into a slot. You wave the card in front of the the lock and  the lock flashes a green light saying, "I'm unlocked."