Thursday, March 20, 2014

Excellent News

CBS News Money Watch reports the results of a study of which states have high taxes and which have low taxes. Hat tip to Lucianne.com for the link. I like the study's results very much.

The five highest total tax burden states are New York, California, Nebraska, Connecticut, and Illinois. Those all are logical except NE, why are its taxes so high?

The five lowest total tax burden states are Wyoming, Alaska, Nevada, Florida, and South Dakota. The inexplicable state in that grouping is Florida, how do they get by with low taxes? I presume they're darn stingy with welfare.

I note with regret that my birth state of CA is second highest. My home state of WY has the lowest tax burden in the nation, and I love it. It's secret is low population density, few people with lots of space between them.