Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Giving Thanks

I was musing about what I am thankful for on this, the day before Thanksgiving. I'll list them in the order in which they happened to me.

First and foremost, I'm so thankful for being born in the United States. After visiting more than 100 countries, there is still no place I'd rather call home. Second, for growing up in California when it was still the land of sunshine, opportunity and cheap college degrees.

Third, I'm thankful I was good at school, early in an era which has rewarded credentials almost beyond everything else. Higher education and graduate degrees were very good to both me and the other DrC.

Fourth, I'm thankful for my dear wife of 43+ years. She is even more of a marvel than I believed possible. She's my best friend and we have a ball together.

Fifth, I'm thankful I had parents who lived to be old and didn't spend years as invalids. The quacks tell me that's the best recipe for a long, healthy life.

I'm sure there is more, but that's enough to be going on with.