Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Satellite Saga

The portable satellite dish goes back to the store, faulty. The two halves of the truncated sphere that make up our portable dish are misaligned. They were that way when it came out of the box.

The Winegard tech who called this a.m. was extremely helpful, so much so that with his coaching, and that of our NorCal RV repair guy, my dear lady fixed the rooftop dish. It is also a Winegard product and now continues to serve us very well.

She climbed on the roof of the RV, removed the dome, found disconnected wires, reconnected them, and now our rooftop dish is working as it should. BTW, this all took hours longer to do than it takes to tell.

If you wonder why I didn't do the climbing and fixing, it is because the other DrC is more agile and spry than I. My job was to serve as ground crew and I did it well, but my climbing-on-rooftops days are behind me, entirely unmourned. I don't love unfenced high places.