Saturday, December 12, 2015

Ludlow: Close the Borders

Economist Larry Kudlow is no stranger to those of us who follow business news, he's been active on TV and in print for decades. Writing at Breitbart National Security he reports a change of heart.
I know this is not my usual position. But this is a war. Therefore I have come to believe there should be no immigration or visa waivers until the U.S. adopts a completely new system to stop radical Islamic terrorists from entering the country. A wartime lockdown. And a big change in my thinking.

Let me emphasize that my support for wartime immigration restrictions is not based on religion. I think Donald Trump made a big mistake here. Instead, I agree with this Rupert Murdoch tweet: “Complete refugee pause to fix vetting makes sense.”

Of course, President Obama doesn’t get it. He never will. (snip) The president had his last chance last Sunday night. And he didn’t do it. He is not a wartime commander in chief. In fact, he is not a commander in chief.
I'd add: he is not a commander in chief because he rejects the role.