Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday Snickers

Once again Steven Hayward of Power Line has rounded up a bunch of political cartoons, captioned photos, and other fun stuff, what he calls The Week in Pictures. Described below, several of my favorites:

He begins with a Ramirez cartoon of a decapitated body in an orange jumpsuit, in the desert. The head says:
Yeah ... Guns are the problem.
Cartoon of a young man and woman, repeated four times, she in an Obama-logo shirt.
He: I don't believe women have any rights, and I think gays should be hanged.
She: Wow, what a complete primitive asshole you are! You must be a Republican.
He: No, actually, I'm a Muslim and those are my religious beliefs.
She: Oh! I'm sorry! I apologise! I hope you don't think I'm Islamophobic!

A photo of a happy Gloria Steinem wearing a "I had an abortion" T-shirt, the photo is captioned with a Steinem quote:
If banning guns and ammunition can save just one child then we should strongly consider it.
Cartoon of a man looking thoughtful, with this long, ironic caption:
We should make a law that says killing people is illegal. That will stop them. We should also make it illegal to have a gun in a gun-free zone. That will stop them. Crimes should be ... against the law. Then there will be no more crime!

Cartoon of Obama. Bearded terrorist firing assault rifle in background, shouting Allahu Akbar.
Obama: I blame guns.
Second cartoon of Obama. Hooded ISIS dude prepares to decapitate kneeling captive in background.
Obama: I blame knives.

Photo of assault rifle with banana clip. Top caption:
You don't need 30 rounds to hunt.
Bottom caption:
Correct, but the Second Amendment was not written in case the deer turn against us.
Publicity photo of Katie Couric, captioned:
I don't always report the news,
But when I do I edit it to fit my own personal agenda.
A panel of two tweets. First Hillary Clinton tweets:
If the FBI is watching you for suspected terrorist links, you  shouldn't just be able to go buy a gun with no questions asked.
Then someone named Cloyd Rivers tweets:
1776% agree Mrs. Clinton. And, if you're being investigated by the FBI, you shouldn't be able to run for President, with no questions asked.
Photo of a volleyball, captioned:
A lot of people don't realize that the actor who played Wilson in Castaway
is the same actor from the volleyball scene in Top Gun.
And finally, a cartoon of a Greek statue of a wise old dude catching the sideways glance of a trench-coated Humphrey Bogart look-alike, who says:
Here's looking at Euclid.