Sunday, October 23, 2016

Saturday Snickers, late

Steven Hayward came forward with his weekly collection of cartoons, recaptioned photos, and generally snarky sayings for Power Line yesterday. I was, however, busy with weekend guests and had no time to enjoy them and share a few with you. Here are my tardy picks:

Cartoon of Hillary and Donald facing Chris Wallace in debate, Hillary's voice balloon says:
Can we stop the insinuations about my character and get to the questions Donna Brazile told me you'd be asking?
Cartoon of a zombie headed for a polling place. Looking on are Donald Trump and a generic Democrat. The Donald speaks:
Hey, that dead guy is voting early!
To which the Democrat rejoins:
Stop undermining confidence in U.S. elections! 
Photo of Margaret Thatcher at the top of her game, posed with chin resting on interlaced fingers, captioned:
Please tell me more about liberals shattering glass ceilings.
Photo of an incredulous looking Bill Clinton, captioned:
So let me get this straight ...
My wife's campaign strategy is to portray Trump as a womanizer?
Photo of a mellow dog, wearing a Trump-style bouffant reddish-blond hairpiece, captioned:
You know, I'm automatically attracted to humans - I just start licking them. It's like a magnet. Just lick. I don't even wait. And when you're a good boy they let you do it. You can do anything.
Two photos of Barack Obama, top one captioned:
Spends eight years whining about "Inheriting a bad economy...."
Second photo captioned:
Tells Trump to "Stop whining." 
Cartoon of a red baseball cap, with this embroidered lettering:
Make Kaine Catholic again. 
A tweet:
Therapist: so why do you want to end your marriage?
Wife: I hate the constant Star Wars puns.
Husband: Divorce is strong with this one.
And finally a slogan:
If life gives you lemons ...
Throw them away and get some BACON
Side benefit: as a pork product, bacon tends to repel certain people.