Thursday, January 19, 2017

Two Predictions

Lots of pundit predictions out there about this being "the most ominous inauguration ever." That's the conventional wisdom this January.

Because the conventional wisdom has been nearly universally wrong this political cycle, and because I'm a bit of a contrarian, I'm going to predict the promised trouble will be as big a bust as Y2K, a real nothingburger.  Helping me in reaching this conclusion is the prediction for cold rain in the DC area on Friday.

When the time comes, many of the protestors will think about the misery of expressing their displeasure while holding an umbrella and decide to stay warm and dry watching it on TV. And, I suspect the women's march on the 21st will likewise be less-than-massive.

We'll soon know if I predicted correctly, or I have to admit I blew it. Check this space late Saturday.