Sunday, October 1, 2017

Travel Blogging II

Shipboard life ... On some cruises team trivia, which the other DrC plays, is a blood sport. She has literally been headhunted by groups seeking to win. On this cruise, she reports people are having fun and not taking it too seriously. I joined her for 60s/70s music trivia last night and was surprised both by how many old songs I could remember the title of, and of how few I knew the singer or group performing.

A couple of months ago the other DrC fell while hiking in Canada. She crushed the bony end of the humerus and put a hole in one of the 4 rotator cuff tendons. She has spent much of the time since wearing a sling to support the arm while the bone heals and, it is hoped, the tendon does too. You can see her x-rays on her blog at cruztalkingtwo.blogspot.com.

I mention this because onboard literally dozens of people have looked at the sling and said "Hurt your rotator cuff, eh?" We conclude rotator cuff injuries must be nearly as common as the flu, every third passenger seemingly has a cuff story to tell. I have my own, damage done maybe sixty years ago and never repaired, merely lived (or coped) with.