Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Is It Splitsville?

Writing at The Federalist, ironically enough, former Marine Jesse Kelly argues that these supposedly United States have reached the point in their relationship divorce attorneys call “irreconcilable differences.”  In his view the red and blue parts of the nation can no longer coexist in one polity.

He makes a strong argument, albeit one I’m not ready to accept ... yet. Let’s just say I can see the justice in his arguments but haven’t overcome, as apparently he has, my affection for a truly United States.

Kelly has drawn a map of the lower 48 showing how he’d view the split as happening. On his map my home state of Wyoming becomes a border state and my region’s major shopping center would fall in another country as it’s in eastern Idaho. I’ll bet just about everyone would find things on that map about which to disagree. See what your reaction to it is.