Monday, January 6, 2014

Crowley Asks Wrong Question

News Busters reports a conversation between CNN host Candy Crowley and Wisconsin Republican Governor Scott Walker. She poses a question that essentially answers itself:
If I am an unemployed American…or if I am a minimum wage worker…why would I become a Republican?
Walker talks about opportunity as opposed to dependence, what else could he say? In truth, a substantial number of far-from-affluent individuals vote GOP because they cannot abide various non-economic aspects of the Democrat's program.

Perhaps Crowley should have asked the opposite question: "If I am an employed American ... or if I make a reasonable salary ... why would I become a Democrat?" This latter question is particularly appropriate for those who do not feel guilty for having successful careers.

In other words, if you postpone gratification and work to improve yourself and your family, why should you feel it is your responsibility to support those who do neither? To do so is to enable their dependency.