Thursday, January 5, 2017

Musical Chairs at Fox News

Various outlets are reporting that Tucker Carlson will replace Megyn Kelly in the Fox News 9 p.m EST time slot. Carlson has been holding down the 7 p.m time slot vacated by Greta Van Susteren who was followed by Brit Hume on a temporary basis during the election.

I've watched Carlson's 7 p.m. show a couple of times and concluded he was doing an intentional parody, or perhaps imitation, of Bill O'Reilly's on-air persona. I suppose it makes sense as O'Reilly is Fox News' top rated prime-time show.

Candidly, I don't care for Bill O'Reilly. Bret Baier and Brit Hume are my favorites, followed by Hannity. I never much liked Van Susteren either.

Kelly was spectacular to look at but could be obnoxious as an on-screen presence, I won't miss her. Marsha MacCallum will replace Carlson at the 7 p.m. hour, we'll see how she does in the Van Susteren time slot.