Friday, May 12, 2017

Clinton Voters More Regretful

Andrew Malcolm, writing in the Sacramento Bee, quotes a statistic I haven't seen before, one you might enjoy. Hat tip to Lucianne.com for the link.
A Pew Research Center poll last month found minimal Trump voter remorse, only 7 percent. A subsequent Washington Post-ABC News poll found even fewer regretful Trump voters, 4 percent. In fact – wait for it – far more voters regretted casting their ballot for Trump’s opponent, Hillary Clinton, 15 percent.
Yup, Trump is the off-the-wall President we expected him to be when we voted for him. He's blustery, garish, inexact, ego-driven, impatient - a salesman who can't stop selling.

Let me repeat myself. If all we get out of the Trump presidency is several dozen conservative federal judges I'll rate it a success. Not a huge success, but better than his two predecessors.

I expect we'll also get an improved economy and, with luck, a simplified tax code. Simply enforcing existing immigration laws has nearly shut down illegal border crossing. Jaw-boning by him persuaded several firms to keep manufacturing jobs here ... a plus.

Maybe best of all, Trump drives progressives, liberals, academics, snowflakes, and the media bat-sh*t crazy. Their exploding heads? In the words of Gen. Patton, "God help me, I do love it so."