Sunday, March 27, 2011

What About Huckabee?

Four years ago I watched Mike Huckabee campaign, and said to the other DrC, "Governor Mike is one of the best natural campaigners I've ever seen. He does "likable" so well; he doesn't have rough edges."

I don't agree with him on a number of social issues, but he sure comes across as a nice person. In other words, I don't know if I'd like him as president but he'd be a nice pastor of your church. Unfortunately the same might have been said of that presidential loser Jimmy Carter.

I believe presidents need to be tough enough to send in the troops and the bombers when necessary. Carter wasn't, I wonder if Huckabee would be?

Huckabee pulls down good poll numbers when people are asked about a GOP presidential candidate. See this article in Politico which treats him reasonably well.