Sunday, June 24, 2012

Undecided Quarter?

This Associated Press article claims a quarter of the electorate is undecided. I don't believe it; I don't think anything like a quarter of the likely voters are undecided.

I'm willing to believe a quarter of the adult citizens may be undecided, I just don't think many of them are likely voters. Probably half of those are people who will have better things to do when the time comes.

Another half are people who cannot stand Obama but can't bring themselves to vote for a Mormon - likely result: nonvoting. Some Ron Paul supporters may stay home too, as they should. Neither candidate represents their views.

In short, I believe almost all of the likely voters have made up their minds by now. Instead of a quarter of voters, I would guess the true "persuadables" equal 1 or 2%. Both candidates will spend a lot of money trying to reach those few, meanwhile boring the rest of us to tears with their TV commercials.