Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Poll: Hillary Should Suspend

Rasmussen Reports polling shows something unpleasant for Hillary Clinton. I predict she will ignore these sentiments.
Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters believe Clinton should suspend her campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination until all of the legal questions about her use of the private e-mail server are resolved. Nearly as many (44%) disagree. Nine percent (9%) are undecided.
I ask myself whether I agree with the plurality who favor "suspend." My answer: I'd rather she stays in the race and loses decisively in November, 2016. That outcome is more likely to push Her Unpleasantness, the Dowager Queen of Chappaqua, off the public stage and out of our lives.

Sardonic side note: Mentally groping for the Clintons' NY town of residence, I typed (without thinking) "Chappaquiddick." Realizing I'd made inadvertent reference to an earlier Democrat scandal involving a drunk driving fatality, I corrected it. Not all slips are Freudian, some are Sherlockian.