Friday, September 29, 2017

Review: Dangerous Minds

Over the last couple of days I read Dangerous Minds, a 2017 book by Janet Evanovich, checked out from the ship's library. Herewith a review.

I don't know about you, I read Evanovich for the humor she brings to the Stephanie Plum novels. These now total some 27 volumes. I've read these, many of them more than once, and chuckled throughout.

So I picked up this, the second book (so it says) in her Knight and Moon series. Let's say I was disappointed.

Sure, it featured her quirky characters and breezy, off-the-wall plotting, but the belly laughs were missing. And she can't blame a co-author as none was listed.

You could call the book science fiction, or techno thriller, or even how to marry a millionaire and be sorta correct. It has elements of all three and more.

With another author's name on it, you might give the book a "pass" and say it was mildly diverting. With the Evanovich name on it, you expect funny dialog but don't get much of it in this book.