Friday, October 2, 2026

Youthful Rebellion

Power Line's John Hinderaker does a long column on young Americans expressing favorable attitudes to Sharia law, and to communities with an Islamic majority adopting it. He puzzles over where they got such ideas. He doesn't know, nor do I but I do have a guess. 

The young have picked up somehow, perhaps via social media, that the their elders view Sharia with great disdain and some fear. What better way to send us a message that they are angry with the society we leave them than to express positive sentiments about something we see as anathema? 

They are trying, with some success, to get our attention. I bet most of the non-Muslims expressing approval of Sharia have next-to-no idea of what it entails. 

Be glad they aren't doing what French immigrant 'youth' are currently doing, namely rioting, looting and vandalism. Doing so is a French tradition.