Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Travel Blogging I

Salt Lake City, Utah: The DrsC are traveling once again, off to Yurp (as it's called locally). We'll be flying for the next too many hours via Paris to Copenhagen. I suppose we get there tomorrow, jet-lagged out of our minds. Day after that we board a cruise ship for two weeks in the Baltic, followed by another two weeks  making a leisurely trip back to New York City. Expect progress reports.

Imagine a politics junkie like me missing the political conventions!!! Very weird. Except the conventions don't amount to much these days, haven't for some years. They are mostly exercises in "preaching to the choir." Speakers say partisan things and the hyper-partisan crowd goes predictably wild - what's to watch?

I will get some coverage on shipboard. I hope the Israelis wait until I'm home to strike Iran, that I'd like to follow.