Saturday, May 7, 2016

Weekly (Mostly) Political Humor

Each week, Steven Hayward of Power Line collects snide cartoons and photos with funny captions. He posts this collection on Saturdays, here are my favorites from today's chuckles.
Standing at a podium labeled "Trump Twofer," The Donald proclaims: "Not only am I sending illegal immigrants to Mexico, I'm driving annoying celebrities to Canada."
Over a photo of Trump in signature slogan cap holding his thumb up, captioned: "People are being paid to protest my rallies. I'm not even President yet, and already I'm creating jobs."
A photo of an overgrown front yard with a Bernie yard sign and the caption: "WAITING for universal lawn care."
Iconic photo of Jack Nicholson from The Shining, lustfully deranged, captioned: "Is this the Ladies' Room? I'm feeling a little feminine today."
Photo of a large Florida sinkhole in a residential neighborhood, captioned: "Rosie O'Donnel dies in terrible sky diving accident..."
And finally, a comedy routine rendered as a poster:
The economy is so bad that: I received a pre-declined credit card. CEOs are now playing miniature golf. Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen. Angelina Jolie adopted a child from America. Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore. A picture is now worth only 200 words. They renamed Wall Street as "Wal-Mart Street." Finally, I called the Suicide Hotline. I got a call center in Pakistan and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.