Friday, November 18, 2016

The Trump Picks

As I write this, Donald Trump has made five key appointments. They are Sen. Jeff Sessions for Attorney General, Rep. Mike Pompeo for head of the CIA, ret. Lt. General Mike Flynn for national security advisor, plus policy advisor Steve Bannon and chief of staff Reince Priebus.

I have to say I'm impressed. Priebus is a proven-competent bureaucrat, which is what the chief of staff needs to be. Wild man Bannon will keep Trump from being cooped by the DC Uniparty elite.

Sessions is an experienced prosecutor and a deep conservative who actually has Democrat friends. Pompeo is a West Pointer, a member of the Intelligence committee, and a conservative. And Flynn is nobody's pushover.

These are good folks, and to the extent they reflect Trump's plans for the nation, I am encouraged. I would like to see another 10 at this quality level.