Monday, October 10, 2016

He Won Big

I'll share a guilty secret with you, I couldn't force myself to keep watching last night's debate, so I only saw bits and pieces. I hate listening to Clinton and feared Trump would get creamed. It turns out my fears were exaggerated.

I tuned in later to hear the commentary, on Fox News, and saw various snippets that talking heads believed were key for one or the other. The general consensus was that Trump did quite well, far better than the first debate.

John Hinderaker, the senior contributor at Power Line, watched and pronounces Trump the winner.
Trump was Trump tonight–he had some great moments, and also some incoherent ones. But he swung for the fences, for example, going after Hillary on her criminal conduct with regard to handling of national secrets. Hillary was Hillary. She yaks away in a manner that most people find obnoxious, and leaves herself open to the observation that she is all talk and no action.

The last few minutes were good for Trump. The question was, what do you admire about your opponent? Trump’s tribute to Hillary as a persistent fighter was well done.

In short, Trump won. In my opinion, he won big.
I've gotta think Trump bringing as his guests three women who accuse Bill Clinton of sexual misbehavior and one who blames Hillary for winning an acquittal for her rapist was a masterstroke. It's the sort of theatrical psych-out move The Donald learned while hanging with pro wrestlers.