Thursday, January 10, 2008

Travel Blogging, Part II

The San Blas Islands were generally unappreciated by the passengers aboard the Pacific Princess. Folks weren't prepared for the mostly pre-Columbian lifestyle of the native people who live there. We had fairly rough water getting into and out of these islands. Some passengers didn't show up for supper.

Our ship experienced a minor outbreak of Norovirus over the last three days of the cruise, and the other DrC was one of its victims. It was no fun but she is better today. I gave the last of my seven lectures yesterday and today we are ashore, the cruise is over. Generally, those 26 days were excellent. Pitcairn Island and Easter Island were certainly two places I never thought I'd visit.

To all the friendly people we met aboard and shared a meal or table with, or who attended our lectures, I wish you the old mariner's blessing: may you have fair winds and following seas.