Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ready for a Rest

Are you tired of presidential politics? Does it seem to you, as it does to me, that this presidential race has gone on forever? Can you imagine a life without political chatter? Even though this blog has seemingly been obsessed with the presidential horse race, I am suffering from political fatigue.

There is, however, good news. Starting on Wednesday we will get a break in presidential politics before the cycle begins anew. I, for one, am ready for that break. For about a week after Tuesday we will have post mortems of the race, and I can live with that. Then, blessed peace.

This blog will shift gears to travel blogging, international commentary, management wisdom, Harry Potter trivia, and such like. Two years from now we do it all again, but I don't have to think about that for many months.