Monday, May 3, 2010

Weird TV Commercial

Sometimes the TV commercials are more entertaining than the programs they interrupt. I couldn't believe the dialog in this one, which you can view here on Small Screen Scoop. What follows is a transcript of the dialog:
Hi, I’m a believable attractive 18 to 24 year old female. You can relate to me because I’m racially ambiguous. … Don’t all these angles make me seem dynamic? Now I’m going to tell you to buy something. Because I’m wearing white pants. And I have great hair. And you wish you could be me. I like to twirl, maybe in slow motion. And I do it in my white spandex.
It seems to be a tampon ad that spends almost all of its time making fun of traditional tampon ads. Do we live in a weird world? I give 'em props for creativity and brass, it might earn a Clio. Do you think it will sell product?