Friday, March 10, 2017

The Downside

The Washington Examiner reports Nancy Pelosi saying the following:
If Hillary had won, I was ready to go home. It was really shocking that someone like Donald Trump would be president of the United States. We yearn for the day of a Mitt Romney or a George Bush or someone. But anyway, that motivated me to stay now.
I can't begin to describe how painful it is to see Alzheimer's on public display. Has anyone had the courage to tell her how pathetic she has become?

We've been waiting to learn the downside of electing Trump. Now we know at least part of it.

If Pelosi "yearns" for a Bush or Romney, does that tell you what huge GOP mistakes they both were? Full disclosure: I supported both as lesser evils.

I suppose Nancy and I agree upon the "lesser evil" part, but disagree on the "than whom" question. She means "than Trump" while I mean "than Obama or Kerry."