Today is the “day after,” the day after we drove the 500+ miles south to our winter quarters in Nevada. As expected we left what felt like late autumn and arrived where autumn as evidence by turning leaves and crisp air has yet to visit. We left temps in the 40s, arrived in the 90s.
The drive took about 10 hours including stops for gas, restroom breaks, lunch and a sit-down restaurant supper. Most of it done on I-15 where the posted speed limit is 80 mph which we did. Traffic was mild, we saw 0 accidents, and zoomed thru SLC in the HOV lanes with 3 in the truck.
The drive was long, the views were nice, if somewhat familiar, and the weather excellent. I was passenger with two ladies, my dear wife and our excellent niece. They all of the driving and most of the talking. I daydreamed and dozed.
Our winter place survived our absence w/o apparent injury, always a minor worry even though we’ve never had much problem in that regard. Now we’re unpacking and recuperating.
No memes and snark until late October, apologies for that. I may not get my desktop computer set up until then. My office here doubles as our guest room and our niece is with us until we leave on a cruise in about a week, and then we’ll be gone for close to 2 weeks. I will be blogging however, just no pix.