Monday, January 9, 2012

Let's Be Fair

The other day, talking to the Nashua Chamber of Commerce, Mitt Romney spoke the words "I like being able to fire people." They will be used against him unfairly.

You need to hear what he really was saying which was this:
I want individuals to have their own insurance. That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy. It also means that if you don't like what they do, you can fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know if someone doesn't give me the good service I need, I want to say, you know, I'm going to go get someone else to provide that service to me.
In other words, he likes having more than one provider to choose among - who doesn't? He may like to fire people, but that isn't what he said.

Nevertheless, unscrupulous people will take those six words out of context and use them against Mitt on behalf of other candidates. You need to know what he really said and meant, now you do. The source article is from Yahoo News.