Thursday, September 15, 2016

Claim: All Bacterial Pneumonia Contagious

Hillary Clinton's physician, a Dr. Lisa Bardack, has diagnosed Clinton as suffering from "mild non-contagious bacterial pneumonia." Some sources allege the only pneumonias which are non-contagious are those caused by non-bacterial, non-viral agents: poisons, pollutants, and presumably aspirated food and saliva.

Lucianne.com has links to two sources which claim there is no such diagnosis as "non-contagious bacterial pneumonia." Jazz Shaw at Hot Air cites a Dr. Charles Patrick Davis, M.D., Ph.D., at the website medicine.net as authority for its nonexistence.

The Conservative Treehouse cites the International Classification of Diseases ICD-10 as their authority for that claim.

I don't know enough to weigh in on this matter with an opinion of my own. I do see smoke, albeit from sources I know are not fond of Clinton; I wonder if there isn't a fire lurking somewhere.