Friday, April 24, 2015

General Thoughts on POTUS Candidates

The Republicans have several first term senators running for President this cycle. Cruz, Rubio, and Paul are all interesting, articulate, and engaging fellows.

Unfortunately, they remind us of another youngish, interesting, articulate, and engaging fellow who ran and won the presidency seven years ago. He was a Democrat named Barack Hussein Obama.

How has that turned out? Not so well, you say? I agree. What should that quite immediate object lesson suggest to us? That all three of the above GOP worthies need more seasoning.

Sure, I may end up supporting one of them, if nominated, as being better than Ms. Hillary. However, I'd like to see our next president have some executive experience, say as a governor.

Four GOP governors are running or considering a run: Walker, Bush, Kasich, and Christie. Of those, my preference is for Walker or maybe Kasich. I don't like Bush on immigration and Common Core and I'd quickly tire of Christie's Jersey bluster. Kasich is a bit nerdy, but maybe okay in spite of it. Walker seems okay, but I want to see more.