Monday, March 3, 2014

Travel Blogging II

We're 36 hours west of Ensenada, Mexico, inbound from Hawaii on the Grand Princess. I've been doing my series of World Affairs lectures for the passengers, 6 down and 2 remaining.

We've had decent attendance in the big theater which seats 600. Many have told me they've enjoyed my Power Point presentations, always good to hear.

The regions covered so far have included East Asia, Southern Asia, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Oceania, and North Africa plus the Middle East. Tomorrow I do Latin America and finish up with the Caribbean on the final day as we sail north back to San Francisco.

Our passenger group is more heterogeneous than was the group on the Royal Princess, they were almost all much-travelled frequent cruisers. We've got those here too, but also lots of relative newcomers to cruising. It's a nice mix.

While at sea it requires a special effort to keep up with current events, an effort I only make every 2-3 days. I logged on today and learned Russia is intervening in Ukraine, no surprise but not good news either. Speculation of a new Cold War happening is rife.