Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Daddy Spank

Instapundit links to a Daniel Greenfield article at Front Page magazine. Greenfield links to a statement issued by the father of Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA).

An economics professor at Stanford, Professor Donald Harris is not at all amused by his daughter associating herself with the Bob Marley/ Rastafarian/ganja-besotted image of Jamaicans, see what he posted.
My dear departed grandmothers(whose extraordinary legacy I described in a recent essay on this website), as well as my deceased parents , must be turning in their grave right now to see their family’s name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics. Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty.
My favorite part of this is when Professor Harris denigrates “identity politics,” the central platform issue of today’s Democrat Party.