Thursday, March 3, 2016

Who Are the Suckers?

Mitt Romney today said people voting for Trump were "suckers," were being taken in. Whether his assertion is correct remains to be seen. John McCain is quoted as saying basically the same thing, see the Associated Press story on Yahoo News.

What history has proven true beyond question is that those of us who voted for McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012 were suckers. We voted for losers unable to defeat (a) a one-term senator with no qualifications and (b) a president who had spent 4 years demonstrating his unfitness for office.

Depending on what happens, I may end up disappointed in Trump. I am already disappointed in McCain and Romney. I am not convinced of Trump's worth; I am convinced McCain and Romney are proven losers, men whose advice I regard as flawed.