Friday, September 24, 2021

Oops!

Three months from today will be Christmas Eve, the other DrC is busy making presents. The autumn equinox occurred three days ago, and I completely failed to note it at the time. My bad … which I now remedy.

The only excuse I can offer is that here in the Rockies, at over 6000 feet elevation, it has felt like autumn since late August. We are getting a patch of “Indian summer” now, I was out doing some painting yesterday for close to an hour and got a bit of sunburn. 

One other news note, the completion date of our winter place in NV has slipped again. It was early October and is now early November. If it slips again the process will have taken a year. 

I don’t blame the builder, they get no $$ until escrow closure so they have every incentive to “git ‘er done.” Believe it or not, a paint shortage is one of the causes for delay. 

Supply chain fragility is a real thing, in this “just in time” world the cost accountants forced upon us. Supply can be disrupted by war, disease or major weather events. I believe the last two are relevant in our case.