Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Georgia Postmortem

Ed Morrissey at Hot Air does a take down of the GOP loss last night in Georgia. I think he has it pretty close to right. 

The Cliff Notes version of what Morrissey writes is that celebrity candidates don’t fare especially well, and that Trump’s focus on the unfairness of his loss in 2020 is turning off voters. He adds that candidates, like Walker, who’ve supported Trump’s “I wuz robbed” claim were hurt by doing so.

----------

I think maybe Georgia's Republican Lieutenant Governor Geoff Duncan had it right. The Warnock vs. Walker choices were not sterling.

Describing the runoff election, he said, "I had two candidates that I just couldn’t find anything that made sense for me to put my vote behind, and so I walked out of that ballot box showing up to vote but not voting for either one of them."