Monday, May 25, 2015

Bush Mistaken, Obama Derelict

On FOX News Sunday with Chris Wallace, long-time investigative reporter Bob Woodward is a panelist. In that capacity, The Gateway Pundit reports he exonerated President Bush of lying about WMD in Iraq, they have video if you'd like to see Woodward say it.
There is a kind of line going on that Bush and the other people lied about this. I spent 18 months looking at how Bush decided to invade Iraq. Lots of mistakes, but it was Bush telling George Tenet the CIA director, don’t let anyone stretch the case on WMD. He was the one who was skeptical. (snip) A mistake certainly can be argued, and there is an abundance of evidence. But there was no lie in this that I could find…
If I tell you something I believe to be true, which we subsequently learn was false when I said it, I did not lie to you. I was mistaken, but my intent was not to deceive you. About President Obama, Woodward continued :
The argument from military was keep ten-fifteen thousand troops there as an insurance policy. And we all know insurance policies make sense. We have thirty thousand troops or more in South Korea sixty-five years after the war. When you’re a super power you have to buy these insurance policies and he didn’t in this case. I don’t think you can say everything is because of that decision but (it was) clearly a factor.
Obama learned from his sin of omission, he is keeping a modest "insurance" force in Afghanistan. Hat tip to Instapundit for the link.