The news the last couple of days just hasn't been inspiring, so I haven't written. I'm tired of the woman who killed her 3 kids, tired of the outrage over Sydney Sweeney's latest nude whatever, and tired of the continuing hassles over long-gone elections.
Congress is on recess to campaign for reelection, and the dog-days of August seem to have carried over into September. Nothing I find super interesting seems to be happening.
Yes, AI is a problem. But no, I have no expertise therein beyond my obvious observation that it is rapidly evolving technology and we're in a race with China that we can't afford to lose.
The one mildly interesting event was Gavin Newsom's announcement, made standing in a trout stream, that he will not run for his party's nomination for president if Kamala Harris does run. This is either a devious ploy to force her out of the race, or ... what? He is too young to retire. I have no clue.