Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Masking While Flying

Lucianne.com links us to a Trending Politics article reporting a conversation on the Fox News Faulkner Focus show. The point of the piece is to make fun of designated liberal Marie Harf's comment about face masks on airplanes.

Look, I’m going to wear mask on a plane for the rest of my life, even if I don’t have to. Planes are gross, I think, just to begin with. But I think they will. You are in close quarters. I’m going to, I’m just going to do it. I’m just going to own it. But I think I will.

Does anybody rational think COTTonLINE is "liberal"? Not even close, amirite? And yet, I largely agree with the Harf view that planes are gross, flying Petri dishes. Especially everywhere aft of business class on long flights and everywhere on short flights where the upgrade doesn't buy you much space and "distancing."

The other DrC and I have done a lot of flying, including long hops like LAX to Aukland, SFO to Narita or Singapore or Shanghai, Denver to Frankfurt, JFK to Cairo. I've caught respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases on planes too, it's no fun. 

Masking on flights isn't a bad idea at all, it's a shame if it becomes stereotypical liberal shtick as that's not me. We got our second Covid shot in February, but we'd still wear masks on flights w/o complaint. There are plenty of other uglies to catch.