Tuesday, January 7, 2020

A Travel Tip

On the trip recently concluded, I encountered a problem, solved it, and now a couple of weeks later, thought to share my solution with you. The problem was a cough requiring DM cough syrup while traveling cross-country by air to get home.

I was positive I’d have trouble getting the large opened bottle of cough syrup through TSA security. My solution was to empty three of the single serving liquor bottles in my cabin, fill them with cough syrup, and toss out the now-empty big bottle.

I kept one little bottle in my pocket and displayed it going through security inspection. I put another in my carry-on luggage, and gave a third to my wife for her carry-on bag. None of the bottles exceeded their maximum size constraint.

The cough syrup sailed through TSA with no questions raised. And using it, I was able to travel home without excessive coughing or grossing out my fellow passengers. BTW, I did manage to avoid bronchitis.