Saturday, August 12, 2023

A Blast from My Past

Instapundit links to this article about sad, bad doings at my alma mater. It is entitled,

Re-education at San José State

Several decades ago I earned a bachelors and masters there, before doing my Ph.D. out of state. SJSU is one of the oldest campuses in the system I taught in. I never returned to teach at San Jose, but taught briefly at three other campuses and for 30 years at a fourth, from which I retired.

Honestly I am not surprised at the goings-on Elizabeth Weiss chronicles at SJSU. Ron DeSantis calls Florida "the place 'woke' goes to die." I am comfortable calling California in general and its higher education in particular "the place 'woke' goes to fly its freak flag."

Happily all of that is very much in my retirement rear view mirror, almost ancient history now.