Sunday, June 2, 2024

Ozempic Face

You may have seen articles about "Ozempic face" and wondered if it is a real thing. Sadly, it is, we've seen the proof.

The other DrC sees a medical provider nurse-practitioner near our winter residence. Because we live there half the year and here in WY the other half it is common for 6-7 months to pass between visits.

The 30-something woman was attractive, very nearly pretty and not fat. The next time we saw her she had lost a lot of weight and the other DrC asked her if she'd used "the new weight loss drugs." She said she had done so successfully, was quite slender and proud of that.

Unfortunately her face was no longer attractive. She actually looked a bit haggard, she had definitely aged what looked like 10-15 years in just over six months. 

My sense was that she had made a mistake, she seemed oblivious to what she'd lost in attractiveness. Perhaps she was just pleased to be wearing smaller sizes.

I've been considered overweight most of my life, on the other hand I don't look my age. I'm okay with that trade-off.