Monday, June 24, 2024

Update

The other DrC has a post about my current medical travails, which have us temporarily in Salt Lake City. It was a beautiful drive here from WY, we really enjoy the greenery as a big contrast to arid southeastern NV. 

You may be wondering why I’m being treated at a place specializing in cancer if I don’t currently have it. I’m dealing with the sequelae of treatments for skin cancer (not melanoma) that left me with a smallish wound that despite the best efforts of a wound clinic, so far will not heal.

For a year I’ve tried everything short of surgery, this a.m. we did the (minor, outpatient) surgery. It hurts, but not too bad.

While I am hopeful, it may not work either. I’ve been warned. Believe it or not simply living with and managing it for the rest of my life is the probable fallback if it doesn’t heal following surgery. 

As my dear lady is fond of writing, we’re all in this together, coping with the indignities and vagaries of aging.