Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Update

My usual posts of memes on Friday and Saturday will either be late or not appear at all this week. I will be away from my desktop where I compile those images. Text posts may occur. 

----------

On a side street with little to no foot traffic in a small, mostly Mormon town in western Wyoming, there is a long-existing designer store front advertising "fine art." That in itself is moderately amazing. 

Even more so is this admonition: "Open by appointment. (307)886-XXXX." The other DrC, whose memory is phenomenal, is certain the store has been there for years, unstaffed most of the time. 

Is it a tax write-off? An ego project? Actually a real, money-making (or laundering) business? To quote The King and I, "'tis a puzzlement."

----------

In this same small rural town, roughly a thousand miles from the nearest ocean, is a combo restaurant and sea food market grandly entitled Rocky Mountain Sea Food. It has existed for 30 years that we know of, and maybe much longer. 

You order at the counter - from a menu on the wall - and they bring the food to your table. It is excellent, reasonably priced, and well-patronized by locals. The other DrC favors their coconut shrimp, and I like their clam chowder, of which I have a recent fond memory as I write this.