A very interesting, long article with this title about how supposedly "temporary" affirmative action (reverse discrimination) has become mostly permanent and turned into "racial communism." Warning: the article is not upbeat, not optimistic.
It ends up arguing for dropping all mention of race from our legal structure, and leaning hard instead on government treating everyone equally, and dropping the emphasis on "equity" or equal outcomes.
I found myself skimming parts which recapped steps in the evolution of racial relations with which I was already more familiar than I'd like to be. You may wish to do the same.
The parallels drawn between our experiences and those of citizens of the Soviet Union are very interesting, and possibly controversial. It suggests we may be suffering from some of the same decline for some of the same reasons, parallels of which we’ve not become aware as we go about our daily routines.