Wednesday, August 12, 2026

A Pet Peeve

I just ran across an example of a thing which too often happens, and which really irritates me. RealClearPolitics links to an article they title "Why Does Europe Struggle with Free Speech?"

I went to the linked article and read it. It establishes Europe in particular is criminalizing so-called "hate speech" which we permit under our "free speech" amendment. What it particularly does not do is answer the question "why."

So I then look and discover the actual article title is "The European Free Speech Crisis," which crisis the article does describe. It frustrates me that RCP mislabels, conning me into reading it.

I already knew a crisis existed, but was curious if they would "go there" and actually dare say why. They do not. 

The "there" of course is the millions of immigrants from cultures with very different values and a propensity to go berserk when insulted. European governments appease these aliens in hopes of postponing the civil war they will eventually lose. Few will talk or write about this cowardice.