The wedding was yesterday, and went off with no major hitches. The youngsters are now truly one in the eyes of the law. If being fond of each other is any clue, this one may go the distance.
I got the most dressed up I've been in probably 5 years: navy suit, white starched shirt, and sincere striped tie which I was able to knot correctly. My half-windsor knot was perfection itself.
The reception was drinks, a buffet dinner, nearly interminable speechifying, followed by dancing. The crowd was happy.
Today's trip home was tres tiring. A sixty-five mile drive, followed by two flights, and ending with another 65 mile drive home from Jackson.
We're beat, no lie. I'll bet I'm asleep before midnight, almost unheard of in my case.
In old age I find the day after often feels like a hangover. Remembered from when I still drank immoderately in college too many decades ago.