I have an excellent quotation by Argentine President Javier Milei to share with you.
I thought being on the left was a mental problem. The empirical evidence is so overwhelming that it never worked anywhere, and they refused to accept it.
But what I discovered is that being on the left is a disease of the soul. The left is built on envy, hatred, resentment, and unequal treatment under the law. They are very violent, and since they have no way or arguments to answer, they go for physical violence.
Violence on the left indeed, between them Stalin and Mao managed to kill roughly 50 million people. Pol Pot added 2 million more to the total butcher’s bill.
When leaders on the left discover human beings simply do not reflexively behave as the left predicts they will, wholesale slaughter ensues. Hat tip to Stephen Green, posting at Instapundit for the link.