Thursday, July 3, 2008

Chris Wallace on Media Bias

Fox News' Chris Wallace runs the Sunday morning politics show for Fox. Go read the interview with him in The Martha's Vineyard Times. Here are two key grafs from the interview:
"You know, it is interesting," said Mr. Wallace, "because when I was in the mainstream media, when I was working at NBC and ABC - those were my big jobs for about 25 years - I thought we were fair and balanced. But since coming to Fox four and a half years ago, I have come to see things a little differently. And I, in fact, do believe there is a bias in the mainstream media and that is something I was only able to understand when I was outside of it."

Mr. Wallace describes that bias as a shared conventional wisdom that manifests itself in the coverage of a variety of issues from gun control to the environment to gay unions and abortion, when in fact there is another side to the story that too often does not get told.

Chris is the son of legendary CBS newsman Mike Wallace. I wonder how Mike feels about these views, since he's been part of the problem for 40 years?