Saturday, June 1, 2019

This and That

Well, the late spring migration to our main home in Wyoming is underway, while still trying to wear out the very tenacious remnants of bronchitis. Sorry I haven’t posted much recently.

Here is one thing I’d share with you. It is a quote from Children of Dune, a 1976 sequel novel to Frank Herbert’s massive original Dune. He speaks in the voice of Paul Atreides, aka Muad’Dib. Hat tip to Ben Domenech of The Federalist for the link.
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
Written over 40 years ago, it is prescient. Do you notice the horde of illegal immigrants across our southern border taking this basic approach? Do you observe the SJWs doing the same? Persons taking this approach do not deserve the freedom we should extend only to upstanding citizens.